The First Step.
The first step to joining the VSCS Direct Admissions program is to become a degree seeking student at CCV. You begin the process by applying for admission at CCV. On the application, be sure to indicate which Vermont State College you’d like to transfer and what you’d like to major in.
After you’ve become a CCV student (or if you already are one), all you need to do is fill out the VSCS Direct Admissions Enrollment Form where you’ll choose your school and major. From that point forward, all you need to do is follow your transfer plan and then you’re in.
For more details, including special opportunities, excluded majors, and more, click on your destination college below.
The Fine Print
- To be eligible for the VSCS Direct Admissions program, a student must graduate from CCV with a minimum 2.0 grade point average and successfully complete all courses outlined on the applicable transfer map with a grade of C- or higher.
- Additional requirements may be in place for specific degree programs and will be detailed on the applicable transfer map.
- Although transfer is possible from CCV to all VSCS degree programs, the VSCS Direct Admissions program is limited to only those majors for which transfer maps have been established by CCV and the applicable destination college.
- Students may only join the VSCS Direct Admissions program under one major and one destination college. However, a student may switch to a different major or school (offered within the VSCS Direct Admissions program) at a later date.
- Official college transcripts from all previous colleges outside the Vermont State Colleges must be submitted to CCV for transfer credit review by CCV and the destination college. Additional copies of college transcripts do not need to be sent to the destination college.
- Students must enroll at their destination college for the first available term (not including summers) after graduation from CCV in order to be guaranteed a placement. The student may request adjustments to their starting semester and such requests will be considered on a case by case basis by the admissions director of the destination college.
- Once admitted to the VSCS Direct Admissions program, a student may opt out at any time by contacting the admissions office of the applicable destination college.
- A lapse in enrollment of more than one year at CCV will constitute withdrawal from the VSCS Direct Admissions program. A student who has withdrawn from the program may apply again at a later date under the transfer map that is current at that time.
- Students may choose to transfer before graduation from CCV by following their destination college’s standard admissions processes for transfer applicants.